Why buy vintage/used, or boring store-bought pressing aids when you can have something you will love!
All pressing aids are designed and handcrafted by Stitch Nerd and are made with high quality fabrics that are personally sourced. Both cotton and wool fabric in our supply vary in weight and thickness, a lighter weight cotton fabric on my pressing aids will include a double layer of lining on the inside, or a heavier weight lining.
Stitch Nerd pressing aids are made with 100% cotton fabric on one side and 100% wool on the other. All fabric has been pre-treated to prevent color bleeding, and shrinking. Pressing aids are sewn on industrial sewing machines, each one is hand-shaped and hand-filled with fresh sawdust, then carefully hand-stitched closed.
You can be sure to receive a high quality, handcrafted item made with sturdy construction that will last for many years. All items are handmade in our tiny workshop in Los Angeles, California.
Need your piggy now? Sometimes we stock a few one-off pieces that can be purchased here.
To order a custom item:
- Please be sure to read the Shop Policies page here for information on processing time, payment, shipping, taxes, etc.
- Browse the cotton and wool fabric swatches available here. If fabric is in limited supply, it will be indicated on the photo of the fabric swatch.
- Take a look at the product you would like: a pressing set, a pressing ham, a seam roll, an extra-large ham, contour ham, OR one of each! Enter your fabric choices and any other note at checkout.
- Is your purchase a gift? Let us know so that we may omit any packing slips/receipts,etc. from the package. We can also include a card (stock card - blank inside) with a message from you, free of charge.
- We will verify your order (via e-mail) and payment prior to making your custom order. Check your Spam folder in your inbox if you do not see an e-mail within 48 hours.
- VERY IMPORTANT - Please ensure that your e-mail and shipping addresses are updated.